Canada is one of the most well-known and sought-after countries in the world for high-quality higher education among international students. Technophiles, statisticians, young businesspeople, and veteran business moguls are all showing interest in the obvious new subject of data science as the technologically driven world develops. So, if you’re seeking for some of the greatest data science courses in Canada and want to pursue a career in the field, you’ve come to the right spot.
What is Data Science?
In Canada, data science is a multidisciplinary strategy for identifying, extracting, and revealing patterns in data through the use of analytical techniques, subject-matter knowledge, and technology. Data mining, forecasting, machine learning, predictive analytics, statistics, and text analytics are all included in this method. Companies are vying to capitalize on the insights found in their data as data growth is occurring at an alarming rate. Descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive capabilities are all part of data science. As a result, businesses can utilize data science to ascertain what occurred, why it occurred, what will occur, and what they should do in reaction to the anticipated consequence.
What Qualifications Are Necessary for Data Science?
Business skills include things like collaboration, teamwork, communication, and domain knowledge and business knowledge.
- Comprehension and analysis of the issue
- The process includes the gathering, cleansing, and exploratory analysis of data.
- Model development and evaluation
- Deployment, supervision, and governance of models
- The results are shared with business decision-makers.
Why is Canada’s Data Science Program the best?
For overseas students interested in studying data science and analytics, Canada is a popular choice. At Canadian universities, students can pursue a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in data science and analytics.
- The average annual salary for a data scientist at the entry level is 60,000 USD.
- The number of data scientists has more than doubled during the previous four years, according the Canada Big Data Consortium. However, there are still about 19,000 professionals needed.
- In the following five years, there will be a lucrative chance for around 4 million occupations requiring data science.
- Software engineers are less in demand than data scientists, who have a demand that is 50% higher.
You select to study in one of the most robust economies in the world by going abroad to Canada.
You choose to attend school in Canada, which has one of the strongest economies in the world. For the course of your program, the nation offers you a high standard of living, a top-notch education, and a welcoming community.
Top Canadian Universities for Data Science
For graduates of computer science or related programs, data science in Canada is a profitable field of study. A master’s degree in data science can not only help you land well-paying jobs because there are many work options in the sector. However, it will also give a thorough grasp of how various big businesses, like Netflix and Amazon, gather and use data to carve out a dominant market position. Data science in Canada has a wide range of possible advantages. Any prospective students thinking about furthering their education overseas would be wise to obtain a Masters’ (MS) degree from a technologically advanced and educationally advanced nation like Canada. The need for professionals in this field is growing both in Canada and internationally because it is a hot topic.
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- University of Ottawa
- University of Western Ontario
- Ryerson university
- Carleton university
- Western university
- York university
- Thompson rivers university
- Acadia university
|UNIVERSITY||COURSE||COURSE DURATION||AVG FEE IN LKR|
|University of Toronto||MSc applied computing data science||2 years||14,511,789 LKR/yr|
|Ryerson university||Msc data science and analytics||2 years||6,221,236 LKR/yr|
|Simon Fraser university||Professional masters program in computer science-Big data specialisation||1-2 years||2,336,882 LKR/term|
|University of Calgary||Master of data science and analytics||1-2 years||1,023,122/ 3 terms|
|University of British Columbia||Master of data science||10 months||11,970,031 LKR/yr|
|University of waterloo||Master of data science||2 years||1,929,889 LKR|
Canadian Entry Requirements for Data Science
- You must satisfy the requirements in order to study data science in Canada.
- International candidates must have completed at least 16 years of education in order to apply to data science colleges in Canada.
- Admission to Canadian data science colleges requires the GRE, GMAT, and English proficiency exams IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE.
- If necessary, one can also submit an application for a Canadian study permission, scholarships, and allowances.
- In order to enroll in PG diploma programs in data science in Canada, applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field.
- The required TOEFL range for applicants is 86 to 93. A minimum IELTS score of 6 to 7 may be needed, depending on the data science college.
- The minimum GPA requirement is 3.0 out of a possible 4.33.
- Attested copies of Standard X, XII, and Bachelor’s degree mark sheets (if any)
- Two academic reference letters from professors.
- A statement of purpose (SOP)
- GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL score reports, photocopied
- Others (state and national certificates/achievements, and extracurricular activities)
- Medical Exams report
- To start your data science studies in Canada, pick a program and a school.
- Send in the application and the required fee.
- Send in all necessary paperwork, including transcripts and any extras like a SOP, CV, LORs, and evidence of job experience.
- Additionally, you might be asked to participate in an interview.
- Apply for any financial aid or scholarships that are offered at your university.
- Watch out for the admissions result.
Course Information for Data Science in Canada
Data science master’s degrees in Canada typically last one to one and a half years. Some colleges offer an eight-month program on campus followed by an eight-month internship. In Canada, data science courses may also be offered in conjunction with data analysis courses.
|Bachelor of science in data science||Western University|
|Master of Science (MSc) – Data Science||HEC Montreal|
|Master of engineering in applied data science||University of victoria|
|(MScAC) Concentration in Data Science||University of Toronto|
|Master of Science in data science and analytics||Ryerson University|
|Bachelor of computer science in data science||University of waterloo|
|Master of data science||University of British Columbia|
Difference Between Data Science Vs Data Analytics
Data is the key resource for both data science and data analytics, despite the fact that their objectives are different. Data Analytics is commonly recognized as a branch or subfield of Data Science, demonstrating the overlap between both subjects. In a word, data science looks into and experiments with innovative ways to use and analyze data. Data analytics, on the other hand, focuses on analyzing datasets to find insights and problems to solve.
Data scientists use predictive models, algorithms, and prototypes to discover new applications for data or to uncover new patterns or questions that will be helpful in the future. For businesses and institutions in a variety of industries, including healthcare, finance, insurance, travel, and energy management, data analysts use their skills to filter data, extract pertinent information, and develop solutions. Their insights aid in decision-making, the creation of KPIs, and other practical applications in the economy.
|DATA SCIENCE||DATA ANALYTICS|
|Discrete mathematics||Calculus and linear algebra|
|Intermediate statistics||Machines, language and computation|
|Database systems||Modelling and statistics decisions making|
|Principles of data mining||Data mining|
|Data security||Essential statistics|
|Data structures and algorithms||Pattern recognition|
|DATA SCIENCE||DATA ANALYTICS|
|Attention to details||Attention to details|
|Machine learning||Database management and reporting|
|Software development||Knowledge in SQL, Excel|
|Programming abilities||Business perception|
Jobs and salaries
|Data scientist||95,950 USD|
|Data architect||72,700 USD|
|Data engineer||72,300 USD|
|machine-learning specialist||77,150 USD|
|Data analyst||69,000 USD|
|Business analyst||68,350 USD|
|Operations analyst||54,250 USD|
|Data consultant||76,400 USD|
|Quantitative analyst||106,750 USD|
Cost of Studying Data Science in Canada
The annual cost of tuition for data science programs in Canada ranges from USD 10,000 to USD $35,000. Additional than tuition, international students in Canada spend a lot of money on other costs. The expenses cover things like the cost of living in Canada, books, supplies, and transportation.
The table below gives an average of the minimum costs associated with attending that particular university:
|COLLEGE||LIVING COSTS/yr||BOOK AND MATERIALS FEE/yr|
|Ryerson University||6,700-14,000 USD||1,000-8,000 USD|
|University of Toronto||6,000-11,300 USD||800 USD|
|University of British Columbia||13,000 USD||1,060 USD|
|HEC Montreal||5,000 USD||270 USD|
|University of waterloo||1,750-3,200 USD||750-920 USD|
|Carleton university||6,100-10,000 USD||1,000 USD|
Outside of campus, the cost of living in Canada is 1,172.56 CAD, albeit this amount may vary for different people. A monthly travel pass for students is available for 100CAD. The price of the necessary utilities could reach 170.75 CAD. Apartment rent for a one-bedroom unit can reach 1,500 CAD.
Jobs & Salary in Canada After Data Science
|Senior software engineer||80,000-132,000|
|Business intelligence analyst||50,000-82,000|
Scope After Data Science in Canada
The extent of data science education in Canada is unparalleled, and there are numerous employment options available. By 2023, Canada will have produced about 300,000 data scientists, thanks to an expected 1.26 billion dollars in government spending.
Data from sensors, digital photos, streaming video, satellite photography, and other sources are now a constant source of information for us. When you graduate, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and abilities to help firms and governments make wiser decisions and devise more creative business plans. You’ll be equipped for a variety of work prospects in Canada once you finish. Use your skills in industries as broad as business, entertainment, advertising, and public health.
See also: Masters in Business Analytics Canada