The higher institute tuition charge for a second master’s degree is reduced by the EUR Excellence Scholarship to the statutory tuition fee for EEA/EU students.
This fellowship is available to exceptional Erasmus University Rotterdam students who wish to pursue a second master’s degree.
Please take note that this award is only available to current or former Erasmus University Rotterdam students who satisfy the nationality requirements for EEA/EU students.
Public research university Erasmus University Rotterdam is headquartered in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The institution bears Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus’ name; he was a theologian and humanist who lived in the 15th century.
The university’s Erasmus School of Economics and Rotterdam School of Management are renowned throughout Europe and beyond, and it is the largest and one of the top academic medical facilities and trauma centers in the Netherlands.
Four well-known worldwide ranking tables now list Erasmus University Rotterdam among the top 100 universities in the world. In 2017, the university was ranked 69th globally by Times Higher Education, with its business and economics program coming in at number 17, and its clinical health program coming in at number 42 globally. The Financial Times also listed the university as one of the top ten business schools in Europe.
The university was ranked 20th in Europe and 72nd overall by Times Higher Education in 2015, with clinical health at 35th and social sciences at 40.
Applicants for the EUR Excellence Scholarship pay the lower statutory tuition rate for EEA/EU students rather than the higher institute tuition rate.
EUR Excellence Scholarship requirements
- The applicants for the EUR Excellence Scholarship must be EU or EEA citizens.
- Each applicant must have earned a master’s or bachelor’s degree at EUR within the last five years with a minimum grade of 8.0.
- Additionally, the candidates must be enrolled in either a full-time master’s program or research at the university.
Date, Method, and Location of the Scholarship Interview
- A curriculum vitae of no more than two pages, admission documentation for the master’s program of the applicant’s choice, and a letter of recommendation from an employee of Erasmus University Rotterdam are required of EUR Excellence Scholarship candidates.
- Along with academic transcripts, students must also submit a motivation statement outlining their goals in applying to the second master’s degree.
Application Procedure for the EUR Excellence Scholarship
Before the academic year in which you begin your second master’s, on May 31, send your application to the coordinator of the EUR Excellence Scholarship at email@example.com.
The following is included in your application:
- Curriculum vitae; a letter of motivation (maximum 1 A4 size);
- a provisional certificate, obtained from the master’s program’s education office, or proof of admission to the master’s program of your choosing;
- copies of your diplomas and transcripts from higher education, which attest to your graduation from a EUR degree program with a minimum grade average of 8,0. You must submit a letter from the test committee stating that it is anticipated that you will graduate with a minimum mark of 8,0 if you have not yet obtained your certificate.
- A committee will review and evaluate each application based on motivation and academic performance.
- You’ll be informed of the outcome of your application in June. Wait till the output before finishing and paying the digital authorisation of tuition.
- A notification that the EUR Excellence Scholarship has been granted will be sent to you. To finish your registration, print the authorisation (in which the tuition charge is decreased) and make the discounted tuition payment. The master’s degree must be started in the same year that the scholarship is awarded.
- Rejection: You have the option to revoke your registration if the scholarship is not granted. You can finish your enrollment by paying the exorbitant institutional tuition charge if you decide to pursue the master’s degree after all.
Deadline for Applications: May 31, 2022