The fact that there is a lack of healthcare professionals in the United States is to the benefit of international nurses who want to work there. Foreign registered nurses have found it simpler to immigrate to the United States than other foreigners with other jobs due to this scarcity.
What happens if you have a nursing degree but are not registered? You may still immigrate to the USA and obtain your license, therefore there’s no issue. An overview of foreign nurse recruiting firms is provided in this article, along with information on how they can facilitate your immigration to the US.
For the licensing examinations that foreign nurses must take, you might need assistance as a foreigner. If so, you have found the proper article because we address all the issues you may need to know in order to immigrate to the United States.
Nursing School Requirements in the USA
In order to work as a nurse in the USA, a foreign nurse must meet the following fundamental qualifications.
- First and foremost, you need to hold a degree in nursing or a similar field from a recognized college.
- Have a two-year work history.
- To assist you in finding and securing employment in the USA, choose an agency.
- Request your Visa screen certificate.
- You should have your social security number.
- Passing the English Proficiency test
- Register for the NCLEX tests.
- Get ready for the NCLEX examinations and succeed.
NCLEX Exam: How to Register and Prepare for the Test
To become a licensed registered nurse in the United States, prospective nurses must pass the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX). The exam determines if the nursing applicants are qualified to work in healthcare facilities by evaluating them. A computer-based test with multiple choice questions and answers will be given.
The NCLEX-RN test and the NCLEX-PN exam are the two different forms of the exam. Registered nurses who have completed an accredited nursing degree and have two years of domestic nursing experience are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam. The majority of the exam’s questions are to managing care and supervising others.
Exams used to evaluate practical or vocational nurses include the NCLEX-PN. On their exams, they are asked questions on helping the registered nurses and working under their direction.
To apply as an international nurse, you must first fulfill the criteria listed above. When those conditions are satisfied, you carry out the subsequent steps.
- First, decide which state you want a license or registration in.
- To learn more about their needs, visit their website. The standards may be different for you as an overseas nurse, though.
- Send your paperwork to the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) for review.
- Wait between two and six months for the board to get you an eligibility letter.
- Register with Pearson VUE to take the NCLEX exam after receiving your eligibility letter. Registration can be completed over the phone, online, or by mail.
- A $200 registration fee will be required from you. The payment must be sent with your registration information.
- Additionally, Pearson VUE will send you a confirmation of your eligibility.
- For licensing, send an email with the eligibility confirmation to the nursing board in the state of your choice.
- the Pearson VUE ATT (Authorization To Test).
- You have 90 days from the time you receive your ATT to arrange and take the exam.
- Set a date for your exam, select a testing location, and get ready.
You must be ready to take the NCLEX exam in order to pass. The following advice will help you ace your test.
- To know what to anticipate, do some research.
- Make a study schedule that works for you.
- Join a study group or start one. Being with others who share your objectives and plans can help you discover fresh insights and concepts. Each person may have a more effective method of learning.
- Take practice exams to get accustomed to the format of the test. For beginners, practice exams are crucial since they expose their minds to the upcoming material.
- Rest and take care of yourself. Avoid studying too much because doing so will just increase your anxiety and worry.
- Don’t lose yourself in studying; instead, stick to your usual daily schedule, eat healthfully, complete your tasks, and exercise.
Writing the Exam
- You must show up for the exam with valid identification and your ATT.
- Focus on breathing slowly and steadily. Not everyone is finishing their examinations on time, so don’t rush. You’ll be OK as long as you use your timer.
- Don’t question your ability; have faith in yourself.
A month after your exams, the nursing board where you applied for registration will send you the results.
20 Recruitment Agencies for International Nurses in the USA
It can be challenging to figure things out on your own and will take a lot of effort if you’re a foreign nurse looking for work in the USA. But with the assistance of the recruitment services listed below, things can be made simpler and more quickly.
1. Christine Paris Enterprise USA Inc.
International nurse recruiting, job placements, and immigration assistance in the USA are all areas in which Christine Paris Enterprise USA has a great deal of experience. They have worked hard to establish enduring relationships with prestigious American hospitals over the years. They help their international candidates prepare for the NCLEX and English Proficiency examinations. Use the following to get in touch with this employment agency:
Phone Number: 305-971-5934
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Edgewater Healthcare Services
Edgewater Healthcare Services’ goal is to place qualified foreign nurses in famous American healthcare facilities. They serve as international nurses’ defenders, improving their prospects of finding employment in the USA. Use the following to reach Edgewater Healthcare Services:
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 888-375-974
3. Global Healthcare Group
The global healthcare sector is a vibrant, competitive market. They have employed tens of thousands of foreign nurses in American hospitals. They defend moral principles like empathy, comprehension, and attention to detail, which they associate with success. Use the following to get in touch with Global Healthcare Group:
Phone Number: 717-540-1500
Address: 2151 Linglestown Road, Suite 180 Harrisburg Pa 17110.
4. Health Source Global Staffing
Medical Source Even after their registration and license, Global Staffing believes it is crucial to support their nurses’ continued education. They offer their applicants complete support throughout the immigration procedure.
Phone Number: 1-800-458-8973
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 12400 High Bluff Dr. San Diego, CA 92130
5. Human Concepts Healthcare Professionals Inc
Their goal is to educate and prepare competent foreign nurses for the American healthcare system. You can reach them via the following methods:
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 908-964-3397
Address: 1767 Morris Avenue Union, New Jersey, 07083.
6. IPAMS(Industrial Personnel and Management Services, Inc.)
At the IPAMS recruiting firm, quality service—rather than quantity—is the main focus. They take pleasure in offering the greatest nurses to the healthcare industry. They don’t charge their recruits any fees, and they can be reached by using the following:
7. Oasis Professionals
It goes above and beyond placement and recruitment for Oasis Professionals. They facilitate matters pertaining to the advantages of their recruits. They make it easier to staff medical facilities by supplying competent nurses from all around the world. Use the following to get in touch with Oasis Professional:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 212-387-8124
Address: 229 East 21st Street, Suite 1 New York, NY 10010.
8. Nurse Immigration Services
This recruitment firm provides its services to American healthcare establishments as well as immigrant nurses. Use the following to reach Nurse Immigration Services:
Address: 124 Towne Terrace Santa Cruz, California 95060.
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 831-425-5820
9. Premier Healthcare Professionals
Immigrant nurses are given the opportunity by Premier Healthcare Professionals to pursue their nursing goals. They don’t just hire you; they also assist you in increasing your employment options by assisting you at every turn and offering you the best benefit packages available through the American healthcare system. The following information can be used to contact Premier Healthcare Professional.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 678-460-1008
Address: 100 Colony Park Drive #300 Cumming, GA 30040.
10. Professional Healthcare Resources
The mission of Professional Healthcare Resources is to enhance the lives of Americans by placing competent nurses in their healthcare institutions. Use the following to reach Professional Healthcare Resources:
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 703-752-8700
Address: 7619 Little River Turnpike #600, Annandale, VA 22003, United States
11. Travel Nurse Source
They link highly trained foreign nurses with the greatest American medical centers. You can reach them using the following:
12. United Nursing International USA
Your hiring process will be fun and gratifying thanks to United Nursing International USA. They have locations in Los Angeles, New Orleans, San Diego, and San Francisco. Visit their website to learn more.
International nurses can get information on job advertisements through Vivian Recruiting Agency, and they offer support at every stage of the process. Use the following to get in touch with Vivian Recruiting Agency:
Address: 150 Spear Street, Suite 725 San Francisco, CA 94105.
14. American Nurses Association
Their goal is to advance the nursing profession by offering assistance to foreign nurses and American medical facilities. You can reach them using the following:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 1-800-284-2378
Address: 8515 Georgia Avenue, Suite 400 Silver Spring, MD 20910-3492.
15. Avant Healthcare Professionals
They are committed to helping foreign nurses realize their American dream and supporting American healthcare facilities in addressing the problem of a nursing shortage. You can reach them using the following:
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 888-681-2999
Address: 1211 State Road 436, Suite 227 Casselberry, FL 32707, USA
16. White Glove
White Glove recruiting agencies aim to realize each candidate’s vision. You get to choose your work as a recruit based on your availability and location. The following is how to reach White Glove Recruitment Agency:
Address: 89 Bartlett St. Brooklyn, NY 11206.
Phone Number: 718-387-8181
17. Worldwide Healthstaff Solutions, Ltd
a staffing company with a focus on expertly managing the staffing and placement of foreign nurses in the United States. You can reach them using the following:
Address: 9101 Kings Parade Boulevard, Suite 201, Charlotte NC USA.
18. TGS Healthcare Solutions, LLC
They are dependable business partners because they offer their customers the highest caliber services. Both domestic and foreign nurses working in the USA can take advantage of their services. You can reach them using the following:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 908-203-1299
Address: 20 Commerce Drive, Suite 135 Cranford, NJ 07016.
19. Conexus Medstaff
Conexus Medstaff offers its clients assistance with the immigration and career development processes. The following is how to get in touch with them:
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 832-406-3040
Address: 11750 Katy Freeway, Suite 750 Houston, Texas 77079, USA
20. Wilson Staffing Network
Every nurse who applies will receive the attention they deserve from Wilson Staffing Network. They facilitate each applicant’s immigration process and offer assistance. You can reach them using the following:
Phone number: 281-686-1080
Address: 448 W 19th Street 124 Houston, TX 77008, United States
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
See also: USA Nursing Recruitment Agencies